PCS D200 Dashlogger Sportsman Kit
PCS D200 Dashlogger Sportsman Kit
The D200 Sportsman Kit is designed for the racer who wants to log the basics and doesn't want to compromise on a solid data acquisition foundation. The D200 data logging system can expand with the racer as his needs for more data increase.
Our Sportsman Kit structure is simple. The kit includes;
- D200 Dashlogger
- 3 Axis Accelerometer
- Can Master Connection Kit
- Your Choice of Clutch Speed Sensor or Drive Shaft Speed Sensor
- Your Choice of 2 Pressure Sensors (100psi or 250psi)
- Your Choice of 2 Temperature Sensors (Air or Liquid)
This allows the customer to choose the right speed, pressure and temperature sensors to fit their needs. This D200 kit allows you to measure and datalog throttle position, battery voltage, oil pressure, fuel pressure, coolant temperature sensor, engine RPM, driveshaft speed, 3-Axis Accelerometer and Gyro.
The innovative trends at Powertrain Control Solutions continue with our D200. This fully programmable monitoring, data logging, and analysis system can bring together the information on a vehicle from several input sources. Drag race, circle track, road race, and even street cars benefit from the D200 which can combine any set of inputs into one unit. Want to bring together the information from your Lambda meter, aftermarket ECU, and transmission controller, or do you need a stand-alone data acquisition system? Either way, the D200 is your answer. These powerful attributes coupled with a large and easily viewable, even in direct sunlight, LCD touchscreen break new ground.
The D200 has
- 8 analog inputs
- 2 speed inputs
- 2 PWM outputs.
- The analog inputs can be used for engine sensors, a data log start switch, or any other voltage you wish to monitor and log. All D200 inputs can also be labeled by the user for a customized display.
- The versatile PWM outputs can perform a variety of tasks from an external shift light to boost control.
- The D200 communicates with external devices using RS-232 or CAN 2.0b. RS-232 is typically used for communicating with most aftermarket ECU's.
- The Controller Area Network, or CAN, interface is a communication protocol used for high speed communication in a vehicle environment that utilizes a two-wire harness connecting each device in tandem. CAN is used to communicate with all other PCS devices keeping wiring harness requirements to a bare minimum.
The D200 is the heart of the PCS logging system. When combined with PCS data logging software, the user is able to analyze all the information including multiple videos and make the correct adjustments to win at any level of racing. The D200 is equipped with 2MB of on-board data log memory. Additional memory (up to 16MB) is available at the time of purchase. To optimize the memory usage, the user can select different logging rates for each device from 5HZ up to 1000HZ. The start of the log is triggered with the touchscreen or a button wired to an input. Multiple logs can be stored on the unit, allowing an entire race weekend's logs to be downloaded on Monday instead of between runs. Logs are stored by date and time and are also viewable through a data log explorer on the D200 screen itself so any run can be played back on the D200 to gather information about the run without needing a laptop. The laptop communicates using USB, making quick work of downloading large data logs.
Thorough research and customer feedback have led the D200 along an evolutionary path. Development started with a small screen and navigation buttons but customers wanted something bigger and easier to use with a greater set of features. The D200 has evolved into a , high contrast, large (6 inch), transflective screen that is easily seen day or night, with programmable contrast and backlighting. Our durable, high sensitivity, resistive touchscreen is used in rigorous commercial applications worldwide and can be easily activated with a stylus or finger.
The D200 offers several fully programmable monitor screens capable of displaying any combination of inputs. This allows the user to select the most appropriate view for the situation, such as a large tachometer for the track, or a screen with over 20 items for diagnosing a problem. Configuration of individual gauges is as simple as touching the gauge on the screen and selecting the input you wish to associate with it. The D200 also allows the user to select the scale and units for the displayed data. Programmable alarms allow the user to set high and low points for a particular input. If the input exceeds the specifications, the D200 will alert the driver by flashing the gauge or item. Shift light functionality can be accomplished by having the D200 flash the screen at a desired RPM.