Ballenger AFR500v2 - Air Fuel Ratio Monitor Kit - Wideband O2 System
If you run E85, C85, M1 or M5 Methanol or any other race fuel then this is the wide band you need!!! Forget those week AEMs that burn sensors out.
The Ballenger AFR500V2 is compatible the following fuels:
- Gasoline / Petrol (leaded or unleaded)
- Alcohol (Methanol)
- Ethanol (E100, E85, E20, E15, E10, etc)
- Flex Fuels
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
- Many other combustible fuels
- Lambda Display Option
- Extreme Range option for FI methanol & laboratory applications
- 0.411-1.373 Lambda
- 6-20 Gas AFR
- 2.66-8.88 Methanol AFR
- Increased display speed
- Bosch LSU 4.9 Option (Not recommended for Ethanol or Methanol)
- Methanol Display Option
- Faster analog output
- All harnesses, control units, accessories, etc (except the LSU 4.9) are backwards and forwards compatible
- Options are selectable at any time via internal jumpers
- NTK Calibration grade sensor highly recommended for low AFR methanol applications.
- NTK Production Grade is the least expensive sensor we recommend for ethanol & methanol applications.
The Ballenger Motorsports AFR500 Air Fuel Ratio Monitor has proven very successful. In a world where cost-cutting reigns supreme, we've kept the calibration quality air fuel ratio meter made by ECM going strong. Previously sold as the NGK Powerdex AFX, it was replaced in the NGK/NTK product line due to high cost and low margins despite its popularity. Sometimes quality comes at a price, and we plan to keep offering this high quality product to consumers, dedicated tuners, and industry professionals.
The AFR500 makes true wideband technology with top of the line measurement equipment available to enthusiasts and tuners for the first time. Air fuel ratio offers critical feedback for tuners to alter parameters to achieve maximum power and efficiency from their engine.
The Ballenger Motorsports AFR500 Air Fuel Ratio Monitor offers a range of true wideband sensors from low cost options to lab grade sensors. No competing system offers this flexibility in this price range. Comparative systems typically sell for thousands of dollars for dedicated calibration equipment. The AFR500 is capable of reading air fuel ratio values from 9.0:1 to 16.0:1 (0.62-1.1λ) for standard range or 6.0:1 to 20.0:1 (0.411-1.373λ) for wide range with a resolution of 0.1 to provide excellent resolution in the tuning range of most performance vehicles. The Ballenger Motorsports AFR500 utilizes sensitive Nernst style, pump & reference cell based sensors that can detect a wide range of oxygen concentrations in order to properly interpret air fuel ratio in a variety of combustion environments.
The Ballenger Motorsports AFR500 offers a linear analog output to be used as an input to engine control systems, gauges, or data acquisition systems. The output varies from 9:1 at 0v to 16:1 at 5v for the standard range or 6:1 at 0v to 20:1 at 5v for the wide range.
At $314.99 retail, the base AFR500v2 will include the following:
- Large, bright digital display controller (~3.4in x 2.7in x 1.3in)
- 13 ft or 7ft wiring harness with sealed connections
- Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband oxygen sensor (NTK Sensor options available, as well as the Bosch 4.2)
- Weld in steel exhaust boss & plug
- Mounting Velcro
- Comprehensive Installation, troubleshooting & tuning manual
- 0-5 volt Analog Output Signal
- 11-28 volt Input Power (24v system capable)
- Compatibility with most aftermarket ECUs
- Compatibility with popular tuning systems like HPTuners & SCT
- Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor (+$0)
- NTK production grade sensor (+$50)
- NTK calibration grade sensor (+$150)
- NTK lab grade sensor (+$450)
- 13ft wiring harness (+$0)
- 24ft wiring harness (+$35)